- Sep, 2021: Our paper "Constrained Attack-Resilient Estimation of Stochastic Cyber-Physical Systems" is available on arXiv. Let’s take CARE of cyber-physical systems!
- July, 2021: Our paper "Backup Plan Constrained Model Predictive Control " has been accepted to CDC 2021.
He received his B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 2016 and received his first master's degree in Mechanical Engineering in 2017 and the second master's degree in Applied Mathematics in 2020 from UofI.
His main focus is developing
machine learning algorithms for autonomous systems.
Safe Planning under Large Uncertainties
Inspired by the Miracle on the Hudson1, we aim to design a decision-making architecture that can quickly make a sequence of decisions for autonomous systems. We will integrate neuroscience, control theory, and machine learning by adequately leveraging their advantages towards having a safety guarantee under large uncertainties. More details
Safe Operation of Connected Vehicles in Unforeseen Environments
This project aims to develop a multi-level adaptive control architecture, where the proactive level leverages data over a cloud network to cope with unforeseen environmental uncertainties and support high-level decision making, while the reactive level uses machine learning and robust adaptive control to compensate for uncertainties. More details
Cyber-Physical Systems Security
Recent developments of Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) and their safety-critical applications, such as power systems, critical infrastructures, transportation networks, and industrial control systems, have led to a renewed interest in CPS security. In this project, we aim to study and develop attack-resilient estimation and detection algorithms for CPS. More details
- Kim, H., Yoon, HJ., Wan, W., Hovakimyan, N., Voulgaris, P. G., and Sha, L.. (2021) Backup Plan Constrained Model Predictive Control. In IEEE 60th Conference on Decision and Control (CDC).
- Wan, W., Kim, H., Cheng, Y., Hovakimyan, N., Voulgaris, P. G., and Sha, L.. (2021) Safety Constrained Multi-UAV Time Coordination: A Bi-level Control Framework in GPS Denied Environment. In AIAA Aviation Virtual Forum, p. 2463.
- Kim, H., Wan, W., Hovakimyan, N., Sha, L., and Voulgaris, P.G.. (2021) Robust Vehicle Lane Keeping Control with Networked Proactive Adaptation. In 2021 American Control Conference (ACC), pp. 136-141.
- Wan, W., Kim, H., Hovakimyan, N., Sha, L., and Voulgaris, P. G.. (2020) A Safety Constrained Control Framework for UAVs in GPS Denied Environment. In IEEE 59th Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), pp. 214-219.
- Wan, W., Kim, H., Hovakimyan, N., and Voulgaris, P. G.. (2019) Attack-resilient Estimation for Linear Discrete-time Stochastic Systems with Input and State Constraints. In IEEE 58th Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), pp. 5107-5112.
- Yoon, H. J., Wan, W., Kim, H., Hovakimyan, N., Sha, L., and Voulgaris, P. G.. (2019) Towards Resilient UAV: Escape Time in GPS Denied Environment with Sensor Drift. In 21st IFAC Symposium on Automatic Control in Aerospace, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 52(12), 423-428.
2009, Mechanical Engineering Laboratory,
105 S Mathews Ave,
Urbana, IL 61801, USA
US Airways Flight 1549: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways_Flight_1549. ↩